|May 23, 2006|
Lex Luthor is the archenemy of DC Comics' Superman and the subject of a fad based on the following scene from the 2006 movie Superman Returns:
- Lex Luthor: Come on, let me hear you say it, just once. C'mon.
- Lois Lane: You're insane.
- Luthor: No! [laughs] Not that! No, the other thing. C'mon, I know it's just dangling off the tip of your tongue. Let me hear it just once, please?
- Lois: Superman will nev--
- Luthor: WROOOOONG!
There are 2 different varieties of the Lex Luthor fad
- The first, most common, variety takes the original scene and replaces Lois's lines with another person's (Kaz Hirai in stratos-the-bratos's site).
- The second variety was started with user RedBaron's creation of the Scientology era. This variety involves Lex Luthor coming out of nowhere to create a screamer-styled site. Usually, the scream causes massive damage and explosions. during the height of the
The titles for the sites usually involve mathematical operators (like Lex Luthor > Kaz Hirai or Sean Connery > Lex Luthor).